comments and suggestions for EDU3217

First of all, I would like to thanks God for giving me the strength to finish this course. Although a lot of things happen throughout the semester but in the end, we all managed to finish it. My next compliment would definitely goes to my lecturer, Dr. Edwin, who from my point of view, had managed to conduct the course very well and has been very patient with us, even until the end.

Regarding my opinions on the course ‘Teaching The Language of Drama’, I personally think that this course has managed to broad up my mind regarding the studies of text in a play. I never had any professional exposure on drama and theater before so, I really did not have any prior knowledge in this field, before taking this course.

The idea of studying the text was quite frightening at first but then after I get used of it, I cannot think of any reason on why students should be afraid in studying literature text. We start the course with ‘Oedipus Rex’ and we finished the course with ‘30 Days In September’. We managed to watch two plays, the first one is ‘Ops Ophelia’ and the other one in ‘30 Days In September’ itself. In my understanding, the purpose of this course is to prepare us for the course ‘Theater in TESL’ that we supposed to take next semester and I think that Dr. Edwin had successfully did that.

Like some of my friends, I do agree that the instructor might have been a bit fast in finishing up the whole things but I don’t think that as a major problem. Sir, maybe in the future, you would consider reducing the number of text to be read? Then, maybe you would have more time to spend on every text that the students supposed to study throughout the semester.

Thank you sir and hope to see you again next semester.

Yours truly, Zaki.

Comments

Popular Posts