UK & Italy trip (1)

During the school break last year, I managed to spend my time visiting my sister in the UK. I stayed there for about two weeks and I can ensure you that it was a two weeks of well spent time. The journey from KL took about 13 hours before I reached London. I have no complaint what so ever about my journey except it was a hell of a boring journey. I slept, I woke up, listened to my mp3, eat, watched movies and slept again. The cycle continues until the plane reached Stansted Airport safely.

Upon reaching there, my sister and her friend were already there waiting for me. We made a short trip to Leicester to spend our night there. The next morning, we drove all the way to visit Stonehenge. Hours of drive just to witness rocks being put into formation. Never mind, it is a still a sight to behold. After that, we went to Oxford for some shopping and a bit of sightseeing. After getting the much needed glove for myself, we went back to Leicester.

The next morning, we depart to my sister’s house which was in Warwick. When we reached there, I was greeted by her friendly housemates. My stay for a while to catch our breath and then off we go the town. Our destination was the historical Warwick Castle. Being a fan of medieval English, I was very delighted with this trip for I was being able to walk in the same isles that were once used by the kings and queens.

The next day, we made another trip but this time around to Stratford to visit none other than the legendary poet William Shakespeare’s birthplace. I fell in love with Stratford immediately when we reached there. It is a lovely small town with everything that you need is within reach. The atmosphere is great and the scenery is fantastic. Wish Malaysia had a place like this for I am very sure I would opt to live there. We spend almost the whole day at the town before going back home.

Our next trip is the well anticipated trip for me which we were heading to Rome, Italy. Excitement is all over the place since has been mentioned before, I am a huge fan of historical buildings and places. A trip to Rome from London took us about two hours. When we reached the airport, one thing that caught my attention was a huge signboard written “Giorgio Armani”. Until then, we are now very sure that we have landed in Italy. Another worth mentioning incident is about the first Italian word that I acquire which was ‘servisi’ and the meaning was, probably because I was eagerly looking for one, ‘toilet’.

We visited almost every tourist spots there are in Rome and I really could not recall exactly, mostly because the name is in Italian. One place I do and will always remember was when we visited the Colleseum. It was a magnificent piece of work and one thing that really amazed me is that how on earth that the building is still standing there even after 3,000 years. Another memorable journey we made when we reached Vatican City. I would probably be less excited to see the Pope for I am not a Christian but then again, it is a place worth visiting. We however, decide not to go inside the building after seeing long queues of people. So we just walked around taking pictures and also buying some souvenirs.

Another memorable place for me during our visit in Rome is that the place that we had our breakfast every morning. There is nothing particularly special about this place is just that the place was very cozy and the food was nice. The place is ‘The Yellow Bar’, being promoted by the agent who arranged for our accommodation. Upon entering the bar, we were greeted by the friendly waiter and the song ‘Bad Romance’ by Lady Gaga. I remembered ordering a double espresso but not being able to drink it for it tasted awfully bitter. We then settled in for Americano coffee and the day kicks off pretty nicely. I also remember eating croissant, which probably the hardest bread I ever ate my whole life, literally. You can actually knock the table using it. So hard that even my sister, a food adventurist, decline to eat it. Ironically, the waiter told us that it was a must for breakfast for Italian, much like nasi lemak and roti canai for us. God bless their teeth.

Comments

Popular Posts