So... so... so... scandalous

How far can we measure the length of integrity when it comes to a person who we personally know? It is within the boundary of faith that we should put our thought in. Difficult, but very provocative indeed. This however, has been the case for me when few things that has occurred around my working place has triggered my sixth sense in term of sensing that something is very wrong around here.

It really irritates me when hearing about violation of trust, especially when something that evolved around students, my students to be exact. My teacher’s instinct has become stronger by days. The more efforts that I put in for my students, the greater the satisfaction that I required, especially when they started to click with what I am teaching them. By my standard of expectation, I will not settle for less than my students completely understand what I have taught them. And I am also a very difficult person to satisfy with. With the standard that I have set for myself, no wonder that it irks me the most when all these commotions happening around my working place.

It becomes worse when knowing that there are certain parties who tried very hard in covering things up, afraid that people might sniff out the trace. But can we put a shadow on everything that we want to hide? It is almost impossible. Sooner or later, news will leak out whether it is unintentionally or not.

It is very sad to know that this profession is no longer what it used to be. Did we ever spend some time thinking about what we might have done that has causes us to lose the respect of the community as days goes by. I do not think that we have time to do that. But in the contrary, we did not realize that we do have time to inflict damages on this noble profession that many people held with high regards. This has been a very shameful experience from a teacher’s point of view.

Comments

Popular Posts