Love can wait

I recently taught my students the novel, Phantom of the Opera. As we all probably already know, the central theme of this novel is about love and everything that is within the same page of it. Most of my students look a little bit jaded when discussing about this matter especially the boys. Different story happens among the girls where most of them were very excited about this issue and were very actively involved in the discussion after the class. This is somehow not very surprising for me because girls do matured more quickly compare to the boys in the same age group.

Bringing back the matter to myself, I recently found myself in a position that I don’t really favour myself to be. It is in a position that I have to choose between two things; the girl that I like or my future intake. The later however looks more tantalizing but everything need to be taken under consideration. It is probably worth mentioning that this girl is someone who I really like. Notice the word ‘like’. I never mentioned anything that got to do with ‘love’ which I believe will usually follow soon after. I am just being plainly honest with myself. I do believe that she is a great girl with great personality but somehow, the prospect of getting in love with her is just simply out of the equation, at least for the time being.

Looking back, I do believe that I have made the right move in moving on with my life and she’s with hers, hopefully. This is not a very difficult decision for me because she had asked for something that I just cannot give to her. I do understand that she’s quite concern about not getting married yet at her age right now but that is just not the case for me. I have stated before that I want to obtain a Master Degree before I reach 30 and a PhD before I reach 40. I am still pursuing my dreams and she would become an obstacle for me if she’s keep hanging around in my life.

I do however, want to settle down at some stage of life but definitely not while I am still in my 20’s. So much to do, so much to see. Having a romantic relationship once in a while maybe a healthy business but getting too serious in it might jeopardize my long term plan. It has been a little bit irritating when people, especially at my current working place, who keep asking me about getting married. These people need a serious reality check and try to look beyond marriage for a person to have a comfortable lifestyle.

I believe that I need to get a decent living status and also a foreseeable future in order to provide my future family with an adequate, or perhaps more, living environment. I don’t want to be stuck up as a teacher forever and ever. This world is huge and it is full with enormous possibilities for us to explore. One day, I know that I will meet someone who would compliment me for who I am and at the same time, shares my vision and goal in life, and would willing to work together with me to achieve it. Until that day comes, love can wait!

Comments

Popular Posts