Eating humble pie

Welcome 2012! God knows how hard it is for me to utter that. Try to sound more enthusiastic perhaps. Anyway, expect good things this year since this is going to be my final year in my twenties before I reached a landmark of 30 years old next year. Things have not been easy for me though in 2011. Two breakups in the same year wouldn’t be something to cherish about. With all the time and energy that has been invested in both relationships has really made me wonder what actually went wrong.

Back in those early years of working it was easy to be involved in relationship knowing that you did not expect anything from it. But as you grow older, and wiser perhaps, you start to think more and act less. Some people misunderstood this whole thing as being effortless or unenthusiastic but for me, I would rather call it a calculated risk. Yes, any relationship is a risk no matter how you spin it but it is a risk that you must take nonetheless. So, trying to be smart and careful is nothing wrong, at least from a man’s point of view.

Women on the other hand tend to act impulsively. They claim to follow their instinct but we all know those instincts are nothing more than just critical bullshit. Women make up their mind before reaching for the door’s handle and change it right after their first step out from the house. Women buy things they see in shops and regret it later once they reached home, and will go to work the next day bragging to their friends it was money worth spending for.

Same goes in relationship. Women tend to fall for man who they don’t really know. They will keep pushing the poor guy into commitment saying that he’s a slow learner or are not interested in them. But once they really know him, they walk away in an instance. It’s a tall order for men to satisfy women these days.

One of the contributing factors would probably because of the bloody Bollywood massala. A man fall in love with a woman, they get marry and the movie ends, claiming that they live happily ever after. Do they? No one ever really tells what happens after that. Trust me, most of the time the guy suffers! Seems like I can go on forever with this post but will it solve anything? Most probably no. I can only keep my head up high, keep walking and hopefully someday cross path with someone from the opposite sex who shares the same view as I do.

Comments

Popular Posts