May there be lights...

2011 is fast approaching. Nothing much that I can do considering that nothing much I managed to achieve in 2010. I failed again in my quest to further my studies and I also fail dramatically in my quest to get married. Now, now, let not get too excited. Like I said, I do think about settling down though much to everybody who knows me might disapprove this statement. I do give it a try although there is nothing much to begin with. I don’t know, maybe God has other plan for me right? (blaming God, again…). Never mind, let keep the head straight up high and work for a better year in 2011.

One good thing that did happen this year was the reshuffling of the admin at my workplace. This is something that should have been done long before it was actually done. It is no secret that a lot of us did not really see eye-to-eye with the previous admin but then again, it is a case of easier said than done. Letting people know that they are not doing a proper job in maneuvering the vessel is no easy task, especially when you are trying to tell those who has been doing this for the past 20 years. Fortunately, our prayers were answered when the whole admin has been moved out of the community and has been replaced by a new one. Too early however to say that we are on a happier ground for one too many it has been the case of out from the frying pan and into the fire. Let just hope it is not.

It is also sad to say that I lose some friends along the way, either because they moved to new places or simply because we just don’t want to be friends anymore. I’m not holding any grudge at any particular person because I think I’m way too old for that kiddy stuff. It just that, sometime there are things in life that is very difficult to overcome. You might forgive somebody but you don’t necessarily forget what they have done to you. When it comes to this person, yes we do unconventionally smile when we bumped with each other but that is the furthest that we go in becoming a friend. I really should rephrase that sentence, we are no longer ‘friends’, we are just simply ‘colleagues’.

What done is done, get it over with. No point lamenting over old stuff. 2011 hopefully will be the year to shine, and perhaps the year to remember as it has been a decade ago. 2001 provide some of the best memories in life for me. A decade has passed, let just hope lady luck is still shining upon me as she has done before in my life.

Comments

Popular Posts