Devil without a cause

Last week was probably one of the most devastating week ever in my life in terms of my emotional state. I received a horrible news that a close friend of mine has been caught red handed by the police for a murder case! Not just one but it involved three victims. He was convicted for murdering a mother by the age of 42, the family’s maid who happens to be a 21 years old Indonesian, and the most tragic of all, a 5 years old boy. All three parties were found dead as the result of being stabbed to death by my ‘friend’. God, how awkward it was to write that previous sentence.

Shahrael Amir Suhaimi is a very unique person according to my perspective. Sometimes, it is very difficult to read his emotion. I respect him for that because I do believe that we human, are created to be unique and indifferent to each other. Again, another statement according to my own perspective. We eventually became close friend during our Matriculation year. Looking in one side of the story, this guy basically has nothing much to offer but, there was something within him that really caught me by surprise. He is a man of his words and he will never allowed anything to change him or things that he believed in.

This fellow was never a troubled soul, as far as I am concerned. In fact, he was a very funny guy! Cracking jokes was one of the thing that he really good at. But what has happened now is definitely no joke. This is a very serious crime, committed for probably a very serious reason. There are two things that really puzzled me. How could someone with such a joyous personality could deliver such damage? The second one that leave me puzzling even more is, how could someone with so much potential in his future life, could end up becoming an addict and that consequently lead him to his doom? So many questions, so few answer and not to forget, so little time left.

If he is found guilty, then he has no option left for him except a death penalty. Just by killing a person, you will be lead into a dead end in appealing for your escape. It is an almost certain no turning back. But in this case, there were three victims involved. Lets face it! It is a dead end for him. Not even Houdini himself could escape from such chain. It is now only a question of time that when will he be prosecuted. I would definitely be following this case although there is not much hope in it. I will be standing firm on the fence, trying very hard not to take any side. A friend is always a friend, no doubt about that. But, the action that has been taken by a friend does not mean that it can be justify either. May God has mercy on him, and on all of us as well.

Comments

Popular Posts