Losing down, shaping up!

It has been almost 2 weeks since I started my full scale weight loss program. So far, the result is positive although the amount of weight that I managed to lose is not as I expected it would be. But I’ll take it anyway. As I always said to myself, 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing. Ever since childhood, I never really had serious problem with my weight and I thanked God for that. I was just an average Joe type of person, I had my good days and bad days as well.

As I remembered, I was at my best during my Matriculation years back in 2001. It was the best year ever for me as I just finished my SPM and I am one step away from entering the University. The pressure is off and I am enjoying my life to the fullest. Regarding my body, my metabolism was sky high and I did a lot of exercise and at the same time, eat less. My weight was very ideal and even my colleagues praised me for my well tone body figure (that explains why I took my shirt off a lot those days…).

During my Uni years, I still able to keep my body in good condition, so good that I even represent my college in the Inter College cross-country event, which is a 5km long distance running competition. To be honest, I did not win it but I was certainly in the top 10 ranks. I was also the representative in Taekwondo tournament and I also participate in some non-professional tennis events held in UPM. Back then, I was an athlete.

But things changed when I started to work. I was no longer the active person that I used to be and I don’t really give a damn of what I consume everyday, let alone the amount of my food intake. Because of that, I made a quantum leap in term of body weight, from someone with a well tone body weighing about 55kg to a person who just sit at his table doing his work without realizing his weight has reached 75kg. However, after receiving some unpleasant comments from my colleagues about how I look, I decided to take control of my life. I WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT!

It is probably a coincidence that a friend of mine, who is also a person who wanted to lose weight of her own, has managed to do so. She took me under her wings and introduced me to this health product which according to her, is vital in helping her to reduce her weight. I was skeptic at the beginning because I never really trust any of these slimming products before but I decided to give it a try. After 2 weeks, I managed to shed off 5kg which by my standard, are not a lot. But I believe that this is only the beginning.

In order to achieve my goal, I also do a lot of running every weekend and I also started to get crazy of doing push-ups these days. Even my housemate was surprised with the size of my biceps recently and that is something I look forward to achieve more. For now, I was hoping to keep the momentum going and hopefully, I will become the same person that I was, 8 years ago. Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular Posts