Graduation frenzy!

Thanks to God that we have managed to stage our Graduation Day this year without a lot of fuss. This year is slightly different for me because I was given a quite unfamiliar role as I would view it. I was assigned as the head of unit, which is responsible in arranging the multimedia and electronics throughout the entire event. It was something that I did not expect at all but again, I never backed down from a challenge before and I did not intend to do it yet.

This whole commotion about multimedia did get to my head however, especially when I caught up with all those stupid wires that I did not have any idea on where I should connect them. Luckily for me, friends were always around when you need them and in this case, it is worth mentioning that two of my friends had helped me a lot during those difficult moments. Never will I hesitate to do the same for them when their time comes.

My unit was getting crank up a day before the event, when we supposed to connect all the wires together and making sure that the projectors would be operating just fine during the big day. It was a nerve wrecking experience when testing the system for the first time, with the present of the Principal of course, but everything went smoothly and I think that I was the most relieved person in this entire universe the moment we hit the right button. I rewarded myself with a good night sleep later that night for having busted my ass the whole day long.

When the big day finally arrived, I can see that my pals are all geared up for the events. Some were busy handling the students, some were busy entertaining the parents, we have some guys on the upper deck were handling the sound system and some were even busy in getting the flower pots in the correct position. For me and my crew, our gadgets were all in places they should be and I am the one who will sit next to the MC and handled the slide presentation as well as the live telecast. Everyone look a little bit stressful and so did I.

However, the day progressed smoothly without much faults and the Principal himself looks cheerful, as happy as a clown, literally. For the teachers, it was no more than a job in a day because we were already used to work in this kind of stressful atmosphere, and the best part is, we are going to do the same thing next year, and the years after it. Well, at least after I found myself a new job and, I pray hard that I will.

Comments

Popular Posts