When Fabregas lost Gilberto

The first semester of schooling had just ended and everyone is eagerly planning about their vacation, well, except me. I, or rather we, the English Unit of MRSM Jeli, had just received rather unpleasant news regarding one of our members. It is now conformed that he will be leaving us cum this school holiday and that means, there will be only six of us left to carry the burden of educating the kids regarding the English Language subject. For me, this news is more than just a news, it is a low blow for me because I personally think that there are still a lot of things that I can learn from him but now, I have to keep on going without him somewhat guiding me in the appropriate direction.

Ever since my glorious arrival in the scene about two years ago, I noticed that the English Unit had been a one-man-show. Every decision has to come down to one person and being a leader myself for quite some time, that was a bit difficult for me to work with. But the sun shines brightly on the day when we received a senior male teacher, though he would not approve that, but it signals a breeze of change in the unit. And I, once felt being left behind and has had enough with my own unit, has suddenly being revived.

Being an Arsenal fan, or should I say, a Gooner, I have always been impressed with Fabregas, the wonderkid who plays in midfield of the team. His intelligence and robust approach of the game has reminded me of myself, though the context is not football. I believe that I possessed the same work rate as Fabregas and also, the same youthfulness. Fabregas would not has been so successful if it wasn’t for the veteran Gilberto covering him from the back. He would have not been able to express his creativity on the pitch if it wasn’t for Gilberto who always there to chase the ball if he committed mistakes. This has also been the same case for me where this person has always been the one who covers me whenever I made mistakes.

But now, he’s leaving for a new school and I wish him best of luck for his future undertaking. It is not that I am happy but this also doesn’t mean that I am sad. It is just the time when I need to stand up and shine on my own. I will always remember this epic, the day when “Fabregas” finally lost his “Gilberto”.

Comments

Popular Posts