Living on a fast lane

What a life it is to have as a teacher. Never before in hundred years that I would see myself, standing in front of 30 students, and actually teaching them something that they later can use in their future life. Teaching however, does run in the family I guess. Dad was a teacher himself and though I do not know much about his style or his influence in the life of his students, I personally believe that he was, and still is, a very good teacher.

My eldest sister follows the same path in life by becoming a teacher, and then switched her course into lecturing few years later. She is one of the most hardworking person that I has ever known in my life. For many years, dad and mum were the bread winners for this family. But when sis started working, the family's condition just propelled into a different and better atmosphere. There was not a lot of money but we had enough to earn a decent and comfortable living, above the average.

My second and third sister later follow the same route, venturing into the educational system. One became, and still is a teacher in a secondary school while my other sister just recently, acquired a new job in a local university. Both are good and influential teachers and like my father, teaching is just something that within them, naturally.

Me? Let just say that I had many dreams when I was growing up and none of them came close in becoming a teacher. But thats what life is. Expect the unexpected. I am now a proud teacher as my other family members but for how long, only God knows that. Will there be any turning point? Not in a position to answer that though deep within my mysterious heart, I am hoping that there will be one.

Comments

Popular Posts